Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Grace Like Rain

Today's wet, dreary weather has me wanting to be at home, curled up with hot chocolate and the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. But, I guess I must love being a missionary, because here I am on-campus anyway! Here are some quick stories from my day so far:

Last week, we gave away some scholarships for students to SEEK2013. This morning, I was able to get the information to Joanna, who won the full scholarship, and told her to let me know when she registered. Within 30 minutes I had a text saying "Ok I just registered! I was too excited to wait :)"

Just a bit ago, I met with Paulin, an international student who heard about SEEK at Mass 2 weeks ago. She was so excited about the opportunity to attend SEEK and couldn't stop smiling while we talked about it.  Paulin also won a scholarship to reduce her registration. As we were getting her registered, I shared that I am not a student, that I am here as a missionary. She stops, looks at me, and so sincerely says "thank you!" Wow. It's not very often that I receive that genuine thanks from students for being here on campus to share Christ with them!

As I thought about these stories, the song about grace falling like rain comes to mind. And the graces God has given me today are just like the rain outside, not in a huge, heavy downpour, but more a gentle shower. As I leave this post for discipleship with Kelly, my prayer is that each of you may also experience some sort of gentle grace today. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment