Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Being Intentional

I like to set goals. I love having a to-do list to check off. I like having a schedule and doing my best to stick to it. But this year there has been just so much that sometimes I feel like I'm all over the place without going anywhere. Not for long though... I'm getting intentional. 

A few different events have sparked this awareness of my need to be more intentional. First, I renewed my Consecration to Mary last weekend (little did I know that Pope Francis consecrated the whole world to Mary's Immaculate Heart on the same day I re-committed myself to her guidance). After once again entrusting my life into Mary's hands on October 13, something changed. I've done the consecration before... but never been so committed and intentional about it. This time was different, and I noticed! My rosary the next week was amazing... I truly felt like I was walking with Mary during the different moments of Jesus' life (which was helped by the fact that I went for a run as I prayed, so I was literally moving). The difference was that I was intentional and I wanted to be changed. 

Next, this past weekend. I helped interview potential missionaries for FOCUS. It was a great opportunity to be reminded of my own discernment of FOCUS and hearing God's call. Yesterday, Paul (one of our regional leaders) shared how evangelization is a command..... how intentional have I been in sharing? We profess at Mass that God saves... am I intentional in my conversations and time on-campus and off about trying to share God's love with others?

As my teammate Joe and I brought the gifts up at Mass last night, we had contact cards for students at mass who were interested in bible study in the collection basket. As Joe handed it to Fr. Mike, I felt a rush of grace. We were truly giving the students to God at His altar. Wow. As we sang the song "mighty to save" I realized... I have given my life for what I believe... Jesus and His Church. 

Fr. Mike mentioned in his homily that we should come to Mass and prayer with a desire to leave changed for the better by God. This is going to be my new mentality. So this morning, I woke up. I reviewed my goals and campus plan. I asked Mary to help me. And I set more serious goals for the week than I have yet this year. 

It's time to be a little more intentional. To wake up each morning and intentionally live my life for Christ and the mission He has invited me to. I love talking about Jesus, but I want to intentionally invite others to love Him more. To be bold in my invitation and to pour out my life for the souls on this campus and in my life. And week 8 seems like a great time to start doing this. 

Sorry for the short post... but mass starts in 15 minutes and I have to pack up and leave my cozy spot at Caribou. I hope to share more later this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment