Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Little Reminders of Love

After the past two packed weekends, this weekend was a much needed time of just enjoying some free time. As much as I love spending time with friends, I realized today how nice it was to have a weekend without many plans. God gave me many simple, little blessings this weekend. Here's a sampling:

-Spending Saturday and Sunday mornings with a cup of coffee and reading a few chapters of "Because God is Real" by Peter Kreeft (I definitely recommend it)

-Walking up to the lookout in Bagley with some girls on a sunny winter Saturday, then making our way back down with no sleds (check out my pictures to understand how gorgeous it was)


-Hanging out with my teammates last night for dinner and some Just Dance 4. I'm so blessed to have a great team. 

-Having nice weather to go for a run outside Friday and today. If this weather keeps up, I'll be running in shorts soon!

-Not having to set an alarm all weekend. I'm actually going to our 8pm Mass tonight for once!

-Getting caught up on some arts and crafts, including my scrapbook. I'm almost finished with my NDSU years. 


Perhaps the best part of this weekend has been allowing God to remind me of all the little things that bring me joy, like running in the sunshine, crafts, and reading. This semester has been really wonderful and packed with grace on campus, but Jesus knew I needed to be reminded that sometimes He loves me best through the little things I forget to thank Him for. I'm excited to get back on campus tomorrow and notice the little ways He wants to love me throughout this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment